Thursday, March 10, 2005

Day Eleven; Singing Hedwig, Knitting Cardis

Update: The Cardigan

After another Enlightening session with The Ladies Who Knit at the Knit & Sip, I figured out what I was doing wrong and how to fix it when it happens again. So after a few days of work, I got the required 17 plus inches of stockinette stitch done, measured against Dad's back, and am off and running again.

I am WHIPPING through this thing, I tell you. After a few false starts, I'm just flying.

Working on shaping the armhole part:
Bind off 6 stitches at the beginning of each of the next two rows
Decrease 1 stitch at each end of every other row four times. (In my case, until I'm left with 72 stitches on the needle.)
Then work even stockinette until armholes measure 9 1/2 inches. Unless Dad needs more room and we'll figure out what to do from then.

I've been playing KnitTruant lately, though. I am reading a suspense/romance series about Navy SEALs. Very cool. But I can't read and knit simultaneously, so...

I also can't knit and watch my beloved CSI... I get so focused on the forensics, I don't want to distract myself by knitting! Eeek!

One of the things that takes me a while is rolling the hanks into center-pull wheels. There's this very swell invention that does it for you (even more rapidly if you own a swift, also muy caro) but it is costly. So there I am with the hank around my bent knee, winding it slowly into center-pull balls.

Up next: Shoulder Shaping!

No comments: