Friday, May 27, 2005

Bring in da seam, bring in da funk..iness

OK. I finished all 6 of the orange-peel-looking sections last week, but the torment of The Joining nearly drove me frizzy.

I'm not the best when it comes to finishing; I tend to get wide-eyed and freaky... But after days of curling up in Child Pose and rocking back and forth when I couldn't ken how to join the pieces together, I went to the Knit & Sip. They couldn't think of any other ways to do it, so I just sat there and hacked away at it. VOILA! It turns out that if you pretend to do the Mattress Stitch and just plow through the curves, it gets joined up pretty tidily.

So I'm almost done joining up (have to pick out one of them, due to sloppiness) and will probably stuff with polyfill and the bell and wait until J's sister has her baby to mail it off. Everyone at the K&S thought it was very cute and I had done a good job. A few of them are getting together this afternoon to knit braclets and chokers, and I may just bring my stuff and join in the conversation.

No comments: