Wednesday, April 27, 2005

STASHED!

OOH OOOOH OOOOH!
My Aunt L has stashed me!
I received a Hammermill box in the mail yesterday... inside was a ecclectic set of gorgeous skeins of different colors, styles, and "feels" of wool; there were also a few hand-knit projects that she has decided I should have. One is a beauuuuuuutiful fisherman sweater that she had done herself in lovely style. *gasp* It walks in beauty, honestly. It's infinitesimally tight on my linebacker-shoulders, but a wash and gentle block will remedy! Another is an orange knit with an alligator that any UF fan would sport with pride. I'll bet it goes fab with navy pants or even a navy T-neck in the winter.
I'm like a kid at Christmas, going through this stuff. There's even some pretty baby-fine yarn that I'm practicing on Mom's size 3 needles.

I may bring some, triumphantly, to the Knit & Sip tomorrow.

Wondering if a wash and block would fix the gauge problem mentioned last week.

Knitting Blog webring should open up again soon. Wish me luck!

No comments: