Saturday, July 30, 2005

LOOK! Photos from the KnitCam!


And heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's knitting!


This is the Right front panel of Dad's Cardi- The strip on the inside is where the buttons will be attached. A similar strip will be knit with buttonholes for the Left Front Panel.

I'm so excited. EEeeeeeeee!

On the right side of this photo you will also notice the lovely black shoes and distincitvely stripey socks of Raggedy Ann. Mom made her for me when I was a young'un- she's been with me ever since.

On the left upper corner is my oh-so-very-cool hard-sided knitting needle case for the two sets of Birch needles I own (Sizes 6 and 7) so that I don't accidentally sit on them and snap them. That would be A Bad Thing.

More KnitPix soon- this is so much fun. New Toy! New Toy!

Thank you, my Aunt. (She sent me this camera- see earlier entries about it.)

2 comments:

LisaB said...

Yay a picture, how exciting!!

I like the yarn color on the cardi. What is it?

Deb said...

Thanks, Lisa-
The color comes from the combination of two yarns.

The wools I'm working with are:

"Britania, A Shetland Type Yarn" as quoted from the label. 100% Wool, Walnut Brown.

"Brunswick's Heatherblend Sport for the Shetland Look" from Brunswick Worsted Mills in South Carolina. 80% DuPont Orlon Ardina, 20% Virgin Wool in Bisque Heather.

I don't know much about either as I inherited them from my Grandmother; she had intended to knit a cardigan for Dad herself a while back, but has instead passed the wool on to me to do the honors.

I like the combo- since both of the yarns are two-stranded instead of four-stranded, it's not too bulky and gives the illusion of a varigated yarn.